Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Writing & Photography Goals Outline

Today's Challenges Equal Tomorrow's Greatness

In an effort to both organize and challenge myself in 2013 I have developed a running list of goals that I intend on accomplishing and exceeding over the next 12 months in both my writing career and my ongoing photography business.  This blog is dedicated primarily to my writing & reviewing however there are times when my photography work will cross over and I will mention different projects that are underway that will either work in conjunction with my writing or completely unrelated in an effort to maintain my focus and dedication to my business.


With that said my outline is as follows:

  • My goal this year is to write at least 3 full length novels, which includes the one I recently completed, Shooting For Love (which I will soon begin editing).  In addition I would like to write at least one novella and tentatively plan to self-publish all of them.
  • Decide on whether I will be using a pseudonym for any of my writing projects or continue moving forward with my real name.  Choose the pseudonym if necessary and determine what genre I will use it for if not all.
  • Continue weighing pros and cons of self-publishing vs. submitting to traditional publishing houses, and decide on which option I would like to move forward with on my first project.
  • Work on query and proposal letter writing.
  • Blog consistently about my writing journey as well as writing about my background and past experience in writing.
  • Complete the Mad Reviewer Reading Challenge - 104 books to read & review
  • Join local writing critique group and remain active throughout the year.
  • Continue to network with both aspiring and published authors.
  • Search for and hire additional models to shoot for cover designs.
  • Photography website overhaul. (gallery, layout, password protected gallery)
  • Photo of the day & daily photography tips/equipment & product reviews.
  • Potentially market my cover designs
  • Update my online vendor dashboards with current specials and availability
  • Equipment upgrades & additions.
  • More to come soon....running list.

No comments:

Post a Comment